Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rice Husk Gasifier!!!

   From past few days I am posting only senti posts. From today I will be posting techhie stuff on my blog and I am damn excited about it.
   It all started when my brother came to bhopal to appear in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna(KVPY) Nov 2007, when he was in 11th standard. I also wanted to appear in KVPY and get the prestigious scholarship. So I decided to make a project.
   Rice Husk Gasification is not a new technology. In rural areas, rice husk is used as bio fuel. Total rice husk production in India equals to 20 million tonnes and I thought that if utilized properly, it can solve cooking and electricity problems of rice producing states. Heating value of rice husk is 15 MJ/kg which supports its application as energy source. So I basically concentrated on designing a gasifier which will be most suitable for Indian use.
   I started working on the project from Dec 2007 and was able to complete it by August 2008. I designed a new grating system for a gasifier. It has a fan mounted on a grate and some percentage of air enters below the grate. This is done to control inner atmosphere of the gasifier. Inner pressure of gasifier was made less than outside so that pumping of air is nullified. 
   All concepts used in designing this gasifier are taught to us in 12th standard or below. All I did was to apply kinetic theory of collision and use Law of Energy and Momentum to calculate all the specifications of gasifier like diameter of pipes, heat content of gas etc. I can not display the designs I had made because its under patent procedure and is in press for publishing (USA).
   I know that the info I gave is not sufficient for anybody to understand, but I can't give all the details because of my patent. SORRY!!! If I was able to evoke your interest in some research then I would consider my job done. If you feel to discuss more about this project with me, we can do it in person. Thank you for your patient reading of this post!!!

12 comments:

  1. It will be my pleasure to help somebody to invent a new thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the amount of hard work that this guy has put in in this project and the rigorous thermodynamic calculations that he had to do ....
    Hats Off,.....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAROH K JAISE LOH HONGE TO INDIA KA NAZARA CHANGE HO JAYENGA.AND I M SURE HE WILL TRY HIS BEST IN FUTURE TO DO THIS ALSO TELL ME SOME NEW THINGS TO LEARN.
    I LIKE YOUR PROJECT FROM MY HEART-SHRILEKHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear!!! I am happy u liked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey dude hats off to you. i really want to learn a lot from you.how you get such ideas n many more? please help me too, so dat even i cn stand smwhere n do smthng in life

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry u knw very well my technical knowledge is ZEROOOOOO so cant say nythng.bt jitna thoda bohat samja gud project

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vaibhavi: It will b ma pleasure to help ya anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pooja: I can understand ur limitations!!! :P :P Kiddin re!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i happy that u liked it!!! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Aaroh

    I read your Post, very interesting, because some time ago I have been investigating about the energy Production to pàrtir of renewable sources.
    Of there that I have decided for it cracked it of rice, as matter it prevails, because from the country that I write you Nicaragua, this matter is not taken out any profit.
    Certainly, I have investigated but perhaps I have not found what I look for.
    What I need to begin something real and I am attracted by the idea a lot of manufacturing a Gasifier of it cracked from similar rice to that of the engineer Belonio.
    Belonio is an entire prominence in this field for that it has developed a series of apparatuses that you/they are within reach of people from stoves until plants of Energy with the help of it cracked of rice.

    Something like that is what I plan to make, but I am not very expert of the gasification topic because this it is not my work field.

    Any help that you can toast will be grateful.

    Sincerely
    Norman Sandoval

    Nicaragua.

    November 17 of the 2012.

    ReplyDelete